Parker Announces Retirement

Executive Director Kathy Rogers (left) and Director of Programs Barbara Parker at Fast Track 2015

Parker Retires After 18 Years with Piedmont Arts

It is with sadness that Piedmont Arts announces the retirement of its long-time Director of Programs Barbara Parker. “Barbara has been such an asset during her nearly 20 years with Piedmont Arts,” said Executive Director Kathy Rogers. “She has not only been an exemplary employee, but a strong advocate for the arts in our community and we will miss having her here at the museum on a day-to-day basis.”

The following is a statement from Barbara:

Dear Friends at Piedmont Arts,
I will be retiring as Director of Programs at the end of this month. For 18 years, I have had the honor to work for an organization that shares my passion for the arts, and I believe Piedmont Arts is one of the main things that makes our community so unique and special. I have met many wonderful people here—artists on the stage and behind the scenes, my co-workers through the years, and the amazing volunteers who are so dedicated to Piedmont Arts and its mission. As a new volunteer, I hope to give back to this organization that has meant so much to me and my family. It has been a joy.
Sincerely,
Barbara Parker

According to Rogers, Piedmont Arts and its Board of Directors will assess its current staffing needs with an eye toward maintaining the excellence in visual and performing arts that has always been a hallmark of the organization.

Comments

Popular Posts