New Staff Appointments at Piedmont Arts

Bernadette Moore (left), Holly Burton (right)


Bernadette Moore to take on exhibitions, museum welcomes Holly Burton

Piedmont Arts is pleased to announce new staff appointments at the museum. Bernadette Moore will move to Director of Exhibitions and Marketing and Holly Burton will join the staff as Marketing and Programs Coordinator.

"I am excited about our staff changes,” said Executive Director Heidi Pinkston. “We welcome Holly to Piedmont Arts. I know she will be a valuable asset to the museum. Bernadette will continue to market Piedmont Arts while bringing fresh, creative exhibitions to our award-winning galleries. The museum is very lucky to have an incredibly talented staff.”

Moore has been with Piedmont Arts for more than a decade, originally as the Director of Marketing and Public Relations and most recently as the Director of Marketing, Communications and Design. Her work covers all areas of the museum and includes overseeing the museum’s public art program, the Gravely-Lester Art Garden and formerly acting as artist liaison to Studio 107. Moore will continue her work in marketing and graphic design and add the planning and installation of exhibitions to her duties.

“I’m excited to take over exhibitions,” said Moore. “I am passionate about the visual arts and embrace the opportunity to share new artists and work with the community. I have worked closely with all our exhibition directors over the past 12 years at the museum and I think that experience will be a great benefit as I take on this new challenge.”

Burton, a wife and mother of three, is a native of Martinsville-Henry County. She brings a wide variety of experience to Piedmont Arts from administration to organizing performing artists and working with local non-profit organizations. Burton has a strong passion for her hometown and is excited to bring the community together through the arts.

“I could not be more thrilled with the opportunity to join the team at Piedmont Arts," said Burton. "From a young age, my mother had me engaging in the arts and it’s always been a big part of my life. I’m delighted to utilize my creativity in marketing and programs at Piedmont Arts. I look forward to growing with the museum and working with the community to ignite a passion for the arts.”


Comments

Popular Posts