Summer Art Camp a Hit with Kids and Volunteers!

Hi, my name is Ashleigh Buck (that's me on the right). My friend Katie Jamison (left) and I were volunteers at Summer Art Camp held this July at Piedmont Arts. Ginger Gardner, the teacher, planned and taught the very artsy crafts and Katie and I helped supervise the kids during projects. We had fifteen children between the ages of 5 and 8 in the class who had a blast making painted paper fish, puppets, ice cream cones, mosaic portraits, tissue paper butterflies and flowers.

The students also played in the Discovery Room and outside with sidewalk chalk - the younger ones made Smurf villages and loved to put on plays! At the end of the week we put on an art show so all the parents could see what their little artists made.

Ginger, Katie, and I were happy and sad at the end of the week after all of the children left and the fish were taken down and the butterflies floated away. I can't wait to do it again next year!

Comments

Popular Posts